Air service to the Providenciales (PLS) Turks and Caicos is provided by most major airlines. American Airlines offers flights from Miami, Charlotte, Philadelphia and Dallas; Delta offers flights from Atlanta and JFK; JetBlue offers flights from Ft. Lauderdale and JFK; Southwest also flies direct from Ft. Lauderdale; United offers flights from Newark; Air Canada and WestJet offer flights from Toronto. Please check your local carrier for other options as well as for flights originating outside the USA.
Once in Providenciales (Provo), scheduled interisland air service to South Caicos (45 miles away) is provided by InterCaribbean. Their schedule changes periodically, so please call them directly for booking & to reconfirm your flight details before your trip. Private air charter service is offered by CaicosExpress and is our primary recommendation, especially when travelling with a group of 4 or more as pricing becomes more competitive.
Another travel option from Provo to South Caicos is the South Caicos Ferry run by Russell Jennings. He travels from Provo to South around 3pm most afternoons and departs South Caicos for Provo around 9:30am and leaves Provo for South Caicos around 3:30pm. The ferry is a great option that we frequently use. The only drawback is he doesn’t run in if weather conditions are extreme. Contact us via email or cell 321-795-3136 for further information on ferry services.
We are happy to advise you when making travel arrangements to South Caicos, but do not take responsibility for your reservations. Once in South Caicos we take care of all your transportation and accomodation needs.
- Airplane Tickets & PASSPORT; Travel Insurance, recommended
- 8-9# Fly Rods with WF floating, 200yds backing’
- 9′ Tappered Leader w/ 10-12# tippet
- Flies: Lt. Pink, Tan, White Charlies, Clausers, Gotchas, Puffs (#2, 4, 6 hook; 1/8″ Bead-Chain Eyes; some shots at barracuda so bring a few Cuda flies w/ wire, if desired); Veverka Mantis Shrimp; Lt. Crab patterns, if desired
- Fishing Pack (small hip type or lanyard is best for wading with a larger bag left in the airboat, if needed)
- Wading Booties w/ socks
- Polarized Sunglasses (amber-tinted preferable)
- Sunscreen & Lip Balm
- Flats Clothing: Long-sleeve fishing shirts; quick dry pants or shorts; hat; buff, sun gloves (if desired)
- Rain Jacket
- Camera (waterproof) w/ charger
- Fleece (light weight)
- Other Clothing: evenings are casual & fishing clothes are usually preferred to minimize packing; long sleeves/pants help if mosquitos are out after a rain
- Mosquito repellent (for evenings after rain)
- Medications (BRING IN YOUR CARRY-ON as luggage occasionally arrives late) An extra supply is always a safe precaution.
- Cash for incidentals, liquor, tipping, etc
- OPTIONAL: snorkel gear; swim suit; fly-tying materials; liquor/wine as selection on South Caicos is limited to beer, a few wine choices, rum & vodka; tobacco products (none available on island); computer/tablet (wi-fi is available next door); book/e-reader; cell phone (service is available- check your carrier about international call plans)